Thursday, June 25, 2009

Great Day for the Dads

As you know, Sunday was Father's Day. We had a great day! After Hailey's nap, we went to our town's annual festival and met up with my Dad & Cheryl, my sister, her hubby and their three kids. The kids rode the carnival rides, took pony rides and pet some pretty cute animals in the petting zoo.

But my favorite part of the day was giving RJ his Father's Day gift. One of his gifts was a hand painted plaque that Hailey made at the Painted Penguin.

I think she actually preferred to paint herself! And of course, the paint was not washable! Luckily I had planned for this and brought an old t-shirt for her to wear.


She had fun painting it! She did the whole thing by herself (and I painted the black lettering afterwards). Believe it or not she started out with six different colors. But she kept double dipping her brush, so the finished product was teal.

Daddy was very impressed!

7 comments:

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

Teal is such a great color! Great work Hailey!

And way to let her do it on her own ... I know how hard that can be.

Anonymous said...

Too cute, I heard it was a blast! I know you all really celebrate your Dad's, as it should be, that's awesome!
I so enjoy staying up to date with the great pics you post, thanks for that!

arif junaidi said...

that's right....
I agree with you....when I was reading your posted. I remembered my father.....hiks....

converse pas cher said...

Too cute, I heard it was a blast! I know you all really celebrate your Dad's, as it should be, that's awesome!

thesi & cat said...

how sweety ((:
we enjoy reading your blog daily ;)
it would be nice if you could read our blog too: http://mon-couco.blogspot.com/

トリー バーチ said...

トリー バーチは最初にデビューだったのはアメリカのファッションエピソード「ゴシップ ガール」でBlake Livelyが演じている人がシャイニー金色スカートを着ています!それにハリウッドの有名なブレイク ? ライブリーもTory Burchを愛用しています!人気が高いT LOGOがついたトリーバーチ バレエシューズは多くのセレブに愛着しています!高品質の素材で柔らかく穿き心地がなによりも良いです!フラットで長い時間ではいても、疲れる感覚を感じられません!すごく便利です!OLにもすごく大好きです!ad

Unknown said...

i like that think babies pic and funny pics and enjoying watching this.

live project training

in ahmedabad