Thursday, November 6, 2008

Photo Tag

I was tagged by Nata-Leigh (A texan in illinois) to post the 6th picture in my 6th photo folder. Anyone who reads this is tagged.....post it!

This is a photo from the summer of 2006. Many of you know RJ and I used to have a boat (2 boats actually, but that's a long story. Actually is a long but funny story. I'd be happy to share as long as you have about a half hour to listen!)
This is a picture of us on our 2nd boat out at Starved Rock State Park. It was a sweet boat...a Wellcraft 19' bow rider with a 4.7 liter, 190 hp motor. We could get it up to about 50 mph on the Illinois River! Although I never liked going that fast - I'm such a whimp! Actually I didn't even like driving the boat, so RJ always had to drive. I don't think he minded though! He gets nervous when I drive the car!
Unfortunately we had to sell the boat last summer because owning a boat is expensive and we really had to tighten our budget so I could stay home with Hailey. Besides the $300/month boat payment, it cost us $70/month for storage, $250 each year for winterizing, and over $100 in gas for the boat and the pickup truck each time we took it out.
Anyway, there's no doubt in my mind that we made the right decision to sell the boat. Staying home with Hailey is great. I could not imagine leaving her to go to work and not seeing her for 8+ hours a day. It's also great for Hailey. She is so smart and I have to attribute that to all the time she spends with me reading books and playing interactively. I'm not trying to toot my own horn; I just love my job!

2 comments:

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

You absolutely made the right choice. It does crack me up, though, that the picture was probably taken about a month before ya'll conceived! Look how much life has changed.

Anonymous said...

What a great choice you made, the little ones grow up very quickly, and to have the opportunity to stay home full-time and be with her every step of the way for all of the big and little achievements, PRICELESS!!! Hailey is VERY lucky to have you :)
Great pic of you and RJ, by the way!