Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to reality

This week has been hard for me to get going. I had a lot of vacation time from watching Sergio and from Digital Hive (almost 2 weeks off). In truth, I became quite lazy. I watched my shows during Hailey's naps instead of working or blogging. And now I have a new obsession....Facebook. Ugh! I think I need an intervention. Can you hear the cry for help?

Just kidding. Sort of.

On another note, we got a new car which is pretty exciting! Our lease with GM for our Equinox was scheduled to end in April. Since GM is dying to sell cars, they were willing to let us out early and give us a super-fabulous deal on a new car - we decided to go for it. I've promised some people on Facebook that I would post a picture, so here it is.



It's a 2009 Chevy Traverse. It's brand new this year, but it's a lot like a GMC Acadia or a Chrysler Pacifica. It's got a third row and tons of room for us to grow into. You can't tell from the picture, but the color is called "dark cherry". It looks like the color of a cola-cherry soda.

Besides getting a good deal on the car itself, the Chevy dealer threw in leather heated seats and remote start to seal the deal. Those were two of our sticking points for our new car and they didn't have any cars on the lot that included these features.

Yay! Driving is fun again! At least for a little bit....

2 comments:

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

Awesome car ... and way to do your part in keeping the economy rolling! I can't wait to see everyone next week.

Anonymous said...

Very cool car, Jen, I'm glad you got a sweet deal! Oh, and we all need an intervention for facebook, but it's fun though, isn't it?! :) :) :)